Styled in a dragon's blood finish, the Ibanez EGEN18 is an electric guitar designed for and endorsed by Herman Li, the guitarist, songwriter, and producer of DragonForce. The instrument sports a double-cutaway body with deep horns for access to the higher frets. This body has been constructed out of a classic wood combination: mahogany with a flamed maple top.
It's 25.5" bolt-on neck is fashioned out of maple and walnut, and sports a 24-fret rosewood fingerboard that's been scalloped on the upper frets, which makes tapping and bending high notes easier. You'll note the jumbo frets with Prestige Fret Edge treatment, as well as the shiny abalone inlays.
For electronics, the instrument sports three DiMarzio HLM pickups which are also designed to Herman Li's specifications. Humbuckers are found in the neck and bridge position, while a single-coil sits low in the middle position so it stays out of your way as you chug your metallic riffs. A volume knob, tone knob, and five-way pickup selector are provided. The volume knob is also a push/pull coil-tap control, effectively doubling the pickup possibilities for more tonal variations. A hardshell case is included.
- Neck Type: EGEN five-piece maple/walnut neck
- Body: Flamed maple top/mahogany body
- Fingerboard: Rosewood with abalone oval inlay
- Frets: 24 jumbo frets with Prestige Fret Edge Treatment
- Bridge: Edge-Zero tremolo bridge with ZPS3
- Neck Pickup: DiMarzio HLM humbucker (passive/ceramic)
- Middle Pickup: DiMarzio HLM single-coil (passive/alnico)
- Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio HLM humbucker (passive/ceramic)
- Hardware Color: Gold
- Case: Hardshell
- Scale: 25.5" / 648.0mm
- Width at Nut: 1.7" / 43.0mm
- Width at Last Fret: 2.3" / 58.0mm
- Thickness at 1st: 0.7" / 18.0mm
- Thickness at 12th: 0.8" / 20.0mm
- Radius: 16.9" / 430.0mm